College of Engineering, Construction and Living Sciences
Tēnā koutou katoa
We seek a qualified Plumber, Gasfitter and/or Drainlayer to join our team as a Lecturer in the newly created Plumbing, Gasfitting and Drainlaying programme area based at our Dunedin Campus. You will be able to share your knowledge, experience, passion and creativity with learners interested in plumbing, gasfitting and drainlaying.
You will teach PG&D trade skills and knowledge to students doing pre-trade learning on campus and while they undertake their in-work training via an apprenticeship scheme. You will be responsible for guiding, teaching and contributing towards the student experience.
The successful applicant will have:
· Trade Certificate qualifications in Plumbing or have extensive relevant experience.
· Current NZ Registration as a Plumber, Gasfitter and/or Drainlayer
· A tertiary teaching qualification or have a willingness to work towards one.
· Experience in supporting and mentoring young people in industry based training and off-job training would be preferred.
· Current First Aid certificate (preferred)
· Site Safe Passport or equivalent ie Hazard Co (preferred)
· A strong commitment to the support and training of our learners and to meeting their diverse cultural and learning needs
· Alignment, and be able to contribute to the values and strategic priorities of Otago Polytechnic
Support will be given for safety, first aid, and teaching formal qualifications so if you don’t hold these but are passionate about educating our learners in this field then please apply. You will also be supported by colleagues in the setting up of this new programme at Otago Polytechnic so an academic background is not necessary.
The role includes face to face and blended teaching and learning for theory and practical work at Otago Polytechnic as well as managing students placed in apprenticeships with employers in the Otago region so some travelling will be required. Hours will need to be worked flexibly around the needs of students, apprentices and employers.
For specific information contact Paul Rietveld 0800 762 786 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For a position description or to apply visit our website.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 21 June 2021